Auto calling settings require a preparatory stage at which you need to create and upload audio recordings to your account that people from the call base will hear. Therefore, first you need to determine the type of auto calling.
Auto calling allows you not only to turn on audio recording after picking up the phone, but also to connect the client with the employee.
In cases where it is necessary not only to convey information to the client, but also to discuss something with him, consult, in general, the participation of an employee is required, auto dialing can serve as a killer of monotonous actions, such as manual dialing from the base, listening to beeps and operator notifications (“ At the moment, the subscriber…”).
Let’s start preparing the auto calling settings.
Stage one. Creating an audio recording file with the information that you need to convey to people.
There are several options for creating records.
Option 1. (free, low quality, WOW effect possible) Record an audio file by yourself using a phone, voice recorder, or other recording devices. The easiest way is to call from your personal phone to the number connected to UniTalk and say the text you want to write down. After that, go to the UniTalk call history, download the recording of this call and upload it as an audio file for auto-dialing.
This recording option, although not of the highest quality level, is often perceived by people as if they were called by a living person, and not a robot.
And now step by step.
Call one of the numbers of your project. All project numbers can be found in the section with External Lines.
Go into the UniTalk call history and download the recording of this call to the PC.
Great, the recording has been created and downloaded to the PC. Now it remains to load it into the UniTalk audio file library.
Stage two. Loading audio files into the UniTalk library.
Go to the section IP-telephony – Audio files and upload the record to the auto-calling block.
Great, the recording is loaded, the first stage is passed. You are great as in previous articles.
Option 2.(very cheap, average quality) use speech synthesis directly in the UniTalk cabinet, link to instructions for speech synthesis.
Option 3. (Paid, maximum quality) Order the creation of a recording through a recording studio. Again, you are free to use the services of any studio. But in order not to run into a “fly-by-night company”, we recommend contacting professional studios.
After creating and downloading the audio file, load it into the UniTalk library (see above for how to do this).
Stage three. Creation of an incoming script.
The incoming script allows you to “understand” how to distribute incoming calls to your employees. Instructions for setting up incoming scripts follow the link.
Stage four. Setting up auto-calling options.
Go to the Autocall section and click “Add”.
There are 2 options, one for when you need to download a lot of numbers at once, the other for regularly downloading a small quantity of numbers, which is easy to select, copy and paste.
Option 1. Download table with numbers.
- File format for download;
- Supported extensions – .xls or .xlsx ;
- The quantity of numbers is not more than 25000;
- Column names phone, name, note;
- The “phone” column is the only required column;
- Numbers must be in international format (+380… or 380…). Spaces and non-numeric characters are removed automatically;
- The phone number for one call is unique, i.e. duplicate numbers will not be added;
- Column “name” – maximum of 45 characters, if more – extra are trimmed;
- Column “note” – maximum 200 characters, if more – extra ones are trimmed;
- The columns can be placed in any order;
- The presence of extraneous fields is irrelevant.
- Base of numbers. In the interface that appears, add customer numbers to the column by one number in the international format.
Example in the image below.
You can download the table by clicking on the gray area with the inscription “No file selected.”
Done, contacts loaded.
Option 2. In cases where you need regularly download a small number of contacts, – it’s easier and more convenient to simply select the list of numbers and paste it into the list of numbers area.
Done, contacts loaded.
Relevant for re-adding numbers.
Contacts can be added with or without priority. If you turn on the “High priority” setting and then download a list of numbers, all numbers from this list will be priority and will be called in the first priority. If you add numbers not including the “High Priority” setting, they will be added to the end of the list.
- Calling schedule. By default, a standard (as for Kyiv) work week is selected. If your clients are legal entities and plan to make phone calls during working hours, then “it’s ok the way it is!”. The best conversion is achieved during the lunch and afternoon hours.
If you need to call private persons, it is better to exclude auto dialers while people are traveling from / to work.
Auto-calling on friday evenings, weekend mornings and after holidays gives a low probability of picking up the phone.
In dialing there are always unsuccessful calls, some people do not pick up the phone or for other reasons the call will not take place. All such calls can be re-dialled. You can specify number of callbacks interval between them, callbacks with or without priority and select call statuses by separating those who do not need to call back, for example, those who picked up the phone and dropped the call (status – Answered (reset)).
In the case when dialing goes on a “cold base”, we do not recommend specifying a large number of callbacks and a low minimum interval. People, seeing a large number of missed calls, may regard this as spam and blacklist your number or assume that something very important / urgent has happened and get nervous.
- Audio file. Choose the audio file that people should hear before contacting the employee. If the audio file is not needed and the call should be immediately directed to employees, select “no audio”.
- Incoming script. Select from the list the script of incoming calls which specifies the logic of distribution among employees.
- Outgoing script. Select the outgoing script in which the number from which the call should be made is selected.
- Speech synthesis settings. This setting is used to select the speech synthesis settings profile that will be used for audio synthesis. You can add calls with text to be voiced from xls/xlsx file or via API. Read more about speech synthesis at the link.
- On audio error. This setting allows you to choose what to do if an error occurs due to which the synthesized audio recording cannot be played. If during the call an audio file search error or an audio synthesis error occurred for the call, then either the general call audio will be used (the one selected in the “Audio instead of beeps” setting), or the call will end with the “Audio error” status. You can add calls indicating audio recordings or text for voicing from an xls/xlsx file or via the API.
- Prefix for SIP. Helps employees distinguish between an auto dial call and a regular incoming call. You can fill in, for example, “AO” and the employee will see the customer number in the format “AO-380501234567” instead of “380501234567”.
- What calls to send to CRM.
“None” – calls will not be sent to CRM systems.
“Answered by the subscriber” – only calls answered by the subscriber will be sent to CRM systems.
“Answered by the subscriber and the operator” – only calls answered by the subscriber and the operator will be sent to the CRM system.
“All” – all calls will be sent to the CRM system
- Show additional information in SIP client. When enabled, the employee will see the customer number in the format “380501234567-Name-note” instead of “380501234567”. You can add customer numbers with a name and a note in the “Numbers” section by uploading an .xls or .xlsx file and clicking the “Add customers” button.
- Streams. The number of streams must be less than the number of channels of the telephone number. For those people who will call back on a missed call, a free number channel is needed so that they get through and get to the employees or hear the same entry as in the auto dial. If the channel is not enough, when they call back, the call will be dropped and they will not hear anything, and this call will not appear in the Call History, as it will be canceled on the side of the telecom operator.
In auto dialing with transfer to an employee, the number of streams is an extremely important parameter. By changing the number of streams, you control the load on managers. Ideally, there will be a supervisory action that monitors the auto-dial process and changes the number of streams “on the fly“.
In the process of auto-dial, both downtime and overload of employees can occur.
Overload situation. When some managers’ communication with the client is dragged on and they seem to fall out of the general call processing, calls to other managers begin to arrive more and more often.
Downtime situation. When in the list of numbers, there are a lot of invalid numbers in a row or they simply don’t pick up the phone because the working day is over and many are in transport.
- Calling interval. Relevant for cases where 1-3 employees and the vast majority of conversations last a certain time with a small error.
- Call interval for answered calls only. The pause between calls will work only after the calls answered by the operator.
After filling in all the settings, save the auto-calling.
Auto-calling will start automatically within a few minutes or the nearest time according to the schedule. Recommend to monitoring the workload of managers all the time of auto calling and changing the number of streams. If this is difficult or impossible to do, you can use Guaranteed Dialing or contact us.
To call events and call end events you can bind the execution of actions. An action can be:
- sending a webhook
- sending a message to Telegram
- sending SMS
- perform an action in CRM
More detailed configuration of actions on the “Event processing” page. There are also instructions for setting up various actions.